•  
  • Login
  • |
  • Register
RSS Feed Print
Instructor Needed: Sequencing 101
Mary Ann Brown
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:33 PM

Last September at the NGX: Applying Next Generation Sequencing meeting a participant asked me if I knew of an introductory course that could help them get up to speed in the rapidly exploding NGS field. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any, but agree that there is such a need for "newbies."

To help, I am designing a three-hour short course Sequencing 101 at the X-Gen Congress this March in San Diego.

Sequencing 101 is designed to provide definitions in terminology, types of platforms, workflow strategies, and current applications, to what’s next for NGS? Learn about the genomic data revolution from data generation to management to analysis and interpretation. This course is perfect for those needing an introduction to next-generation sequencing technology and applications.

Now, I need an instructor(s) and am reaching out to the NGS Leaders community to offer suggestions. Who is a teacher at heart? Don’t be shy to volunteer or to volunteer a colleague. I know that there is someone or a team that fits the bill perfectly.

The NGS Leaders Community is growing rapidly. Leaders, lead the way.

Contact me for more information.

Mary Ann Brown  

Executive Director, Conferences  

Cambridge Healthtech Institute  

mabrown@healthtech.com 

Please login to post a new topic or reply to an existing post.
Privacy Policy|Terms of Use